Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I don't know...

I don't know what the deal is...I don't know if all of my blood is just drawn down to circulate around baby to help him grow, or if all creative cells of my body rush into my uterus to create a new human being, or if my mind just goes foggy so that I cannot really think about the realities of having another baby. But-I cannot seem to read or write or even be able to take much in the way of pictures.

Yesterday I broke down and quit reading From Here to Eternity, though it is very good, and threw myself into the book Mister Pip. I expect to finish later today, and I'll hopefully review it tomorrow. So much of my life seems to revolve around my reading habits at any given time, or perhaps it is my reading habits which are indicative of the rest of my life. IN any case, when I am not reading, or stagnate in my reading it is a good sign that the inner workings of my life are also in stagnation. So I am going to try to pick a few shorter, easier (for me) to read books and see if I can't jump start both my life and my blog!

7 comments:

  1. I'm only PG with #3 but I'd swear each pregnancy my baby brain gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part for me, is that I forget stuff....this is the worst it's ever been...and I wonder if it's related to the Zoloft nightmare after my last baby. It's so frustrating to not be able to recall details and things from books. GRrr......

    I feel like I have to imperfectly push through it, though--because not reading, not writing...makes me feel really alienated from me. And that yields in the long term to a resentment of my vocation, rather than an embracing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do they say....'the path of true genius never ran smooth'?
    (actually I just tried to look that quote up and can't find it anywhere...hmmm..am I making it up?)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I don't remember if I've ever commented before, but I pop in and read from time to time. I'm Erika from the pool -- a friend of Ashlie's and fellow home-schooling Mom of 5.

    I hope you're feeling less foggy and less sick and less exhausted, since you posted this. I have (had!) BRUTAL morning sickness and debilitating exhaustion for the 1st 20 weeks, so just know that I feel your pain. :(

    Also, I hope you're joining the pool this year. I'm going to have to pick your brain further about the sample menu below. I'm neither pregnant, nursing, or chasing a very young toddler for the first time in well over a decade, so there's no excuse for my lack of food preparation anymore. Teach me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'd be *nor (not "or").

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am feeling a littlel ess foggy, and I hope to start blogging again soon!

    Oh-heck yes we'll be at the pool!! I can't imagine a summer of pregnant in GA without the pool. One of my sadnesses when I found out I was preggers was that I wouldn't be able to dive as much.

    I don't know that we'll be there really 'til June--the water is just soooooo cold before that. If we get some 90 degree days on open house weekends we might swing by..

    ANd, Erika--I am ALWAYS up for talking about food! Lol!!! I am so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to see the pool gang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling a little better. Unfortunately my baby brain has been worse as I've had some difficulty with dehydration and the light-headedness just pushes everything out of my head. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some brain cells back. lol. In the mean time I keep joking that my 3 year old and 1 year old are in a competition to see who can drive me insane first.

    ReplyDelete