- Monday we had the aforementioned black beans and rice, with a side of spinach.
- Tuesday we had tacos with a side of refried black beans made from Monday's left overs.
- Wednesday we had spinach and cheese omelets for breakfast with the leftover spinach from Monday and left over cheese from Tuesday. For dinner we had whole grain noodles with the leftover taco meat for those who wanted meat sauce, and cut up veggies on the side.
- Tonight we're having baked chicken drumsticks, with a side of rice (left over from Monday) and some broccoli.
- Tomorrow will be baked honey garlic lime tilapia with the extra lime I have from Monday and some salad with the left over, uncooked spinach and some field greens. For those who eat them we'll have baked potatoes. And most likely a broccoli and cheddar fritatta for breakfast.
- Saturday I'll make some soup with the left over chicken and cut up veggies from Wednesday (at least the carrots and celery), with stock made from discarded vegetable trimmings.
I still don't have a good plan for breakfast, but hope to remedy that as I start feeling a little better in the morning.
I forgot to add: the cost...for 6 days of dinner and 2 breakfasts- for us 7: about $40 with organic veggies and brown rice, cage free organic eggs and hormone/antibiotic free ground beef.