Sunday, January 25, 2009

Interview Me-Fantastiv Five Meme

Colleen over at Martin Family Moments posted this meme. I don't know why it's taken me so long to fill out, though. I am nothing, if not a procrastinator!

Here's how it works:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.
3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You include this explanation and an offer to interview others.
5. When you receive the comment from another, you will send them 5 questions.


Here are my questions sent by Colleen:
1) Where and when did you meet your husband?
Well-certainly not a story to model ones life after, but it is likely the only way that I would have ended up marrying the man who perfects me more than any other person- we met in 1996 when were both working at the bookstore in Annapolis,MD. I was actually married (outside the Church) at the time, but teetering on the brink of divorce, and he was in a long distance relationship with someone. When I was being interviewed to transfer to that store, he said when I had walked in he just sort of dismissed me , as one of "those people"- meaningsomeonewho if she read, read crappy nooks without much conviction. However as the receiving manager at the time he overheard my interview, and how I talked about the books I had most recently read--and his interest was peaked. We ate lunch together often and hung out as a large group with other employees after work on Sunday night, and he says that he fell in love with me the night I talked about Fitzgerald. LOL! Book nerds through and through. I finally left my first husband, and was really bummed through the Christmas season, and ended up getting pregnant with our oldest son. We actually both tried to break up with each other just after New Year's, but then I found out that I was pregnant. I had already given up two babies for adoption, and just was heartbroken at the thought of giving another baby away. But my (now) husband said that we could go ahead and give it a try to keep the baby and be a family. When our son was two, we finally got married-in the Church, which was now very important to me. It took us nearly a decade, and a lot of hurt, pain and betrayal to get our relationship in wokring order--for many reasons, not the least of which was really bad PPD on my part and lots of healing from past hurts and wounds including PTSD. It is certainly not the relationship story I would wish for any of my kids, but I think that any other story for us, would not have resulted in the overall goodness that is now our marriage.
2) What's your favorite meal (appetizer, entree, dessert and drink)?
Depends on the day! LOL! We joke that food is my love language. I think one thing I could eat nearly everyday and never get sick of is tacos. I also have a serious weakness for Zaxby's fried house salads-with one ranch and one cblue cheese dressing. Oh --and I love soup. I could live on soup- hot soups, cold soups, nut soups, cream soups, veggie soups and meat soups.
3) What's one thing nobody (or almost nobody) knows about you?
Nothing that I can think of, I tend to tell everything--whether people want to know or not. Except for what I don't tell. And lol! I'm not telling. Such a Gemini...
4) If money wasn't an issue, what job would you like to have?
I honestly don't know. It would be cool to write for money. I think I'd be a great high school teacher (and have taught at some co-ops and things). If I didn't have children, I think that I would like being a foreign correspondent in areas of conflict.
5) Of all your beautiful children, which birth experience was your favorite and which was your least favorite?
I think probably my favorite would be my homebirth with our oldest daughter, Lucy. It was so peaceful and awesome. Nobody touched me the entire time I was in labor. It was just the midwife and my daughter's Godmother and my husband there. My post partum time with her kinda stunk- and she was like my worse sleeper in a long stretch of bad sleepers--but her birth was pretty awesome. One of my other favorites was my youngest daughter, BErnadette- but for a vastly different readon. Her Godmother was there, a young woman just about to finish college and get married--and she got to see my in hospital natural, prayful birth--and then went on when she had her own baby to have her own natural , prayerful birth and successful breastfeeding relationship...and I like to think that I played a part in that. Another was my middle daughter, who came with all kinds of trouble--but was a chance to revisit ALL of my previous birth trauma, but to meet it in an empowered way.

My least favorite, by far, was the second baby I gave up for adoption. It was a nightmarish experience, literally like the awful bith scenarios they always choose for TV show plotlines. I was bleeding, they wouldn't let my mom come and be with me. No one would actually talk to me as I tried to get information, they kept me in a blood soaked bed for like 8 hours. They were a few seconds away from putting me under for a c-section, when I told them that I had to push (which they didn't believe, until I forced them to look down and see, they gave me a ginormous episiotomy which never healed right. It was just awful, awful, awful. But it did make me realize that giving birth without medication, was defintiely a doable thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment